Monday, July 19, 2010

JDPW - Crash Flash 1

I've been using a hand-held flash for the past month or so, sort of feeling my way through things and hoping for the best. Suffice to say I ended up with a lot of overexposures. With that in mind, I signed up for the Julia Dean Photo Workshop course Crash Flash 1.

I was a bit pensive. I've taken a few photo classes here and there, and hated nearly every one because rather than being about helping photographers develop practical skills, they've mainly provided the so-called instructors with opportunities to talk about their own awesomeness. Not a good way to spend a few hundred bucks.

In contrast to my previous experiences, this short course in on-camera and hand-held flash was fun and well worth the time and expense. Main reason: Julia is one of those precious few photo pros that actually knows how to teach. She knows how to deliver an engaging lecture, how to balance lecture time with guided practice, and how to keep the class moving forward. I enjoyed myself, learned a lot, and will probably be back at JDPW sometime in the future.










No comments:

www.stevenfordphoto.com